CLOSED – ELECTRICAL ENGINEER – Dynamic and Creative – Full Time
Located in London, Ontario, Enable Imaging Technologies is a Canadian biomedical company that is committed to developing diagnostic hardware and software tools that lead to an improvement in patient cardiovascular health and support stroke prevention. Between our London and Beijing locations, Enable staffs over 120 people to productize and commercialize our diagnostic ultrasound and ECG monitoring equipment and services. We seek talented, committed, entrepreneurial, and technology focused individuals to join our core London ECG monitor R&D group.
Specifically, we seek to fill the position of ELECTRICAL ENGINEER.
Role: This position will be to work with a team of developers and engineers to expand our new cardiac electrophysiology signal acquisition, processing, analysis and reporting project. Focusing on the ECG monitor side, the role includes developing advanced prototype designs into custom medical devices for Asian productization, manufacturing and commercialization. The incumbent will be the go-to person for the ECG development projects.
Term: 1 year full time contract, possibility of extension based upon performance.
Education: Electrical Engineering graduate with signal processing specialization and with a minimum of 2 years of industry experience with digital circuit and firmware design, implementation, and PCB layout. Additional experience with analog circuit design is ideal.
• Experience designing and programming low powered microcontroller-based embedded systems – preferably ST microcontrollers
• Digital circuit design, programming and analysis with a focus on signal processing algorithms.
• Experience with PCB design software (i.e. OrCAD, Altium) and fabrication
• Proficient designing circuit schematics
• Working experience with microcontroller IDEs (i.e. Keil uVision, IAR Embedded Workbench, )
• Experience with analysis, design, programming, and debugging of both RTOS and state machine device firmware (C/C++ language)
• Experience defining, preparing firmware qualification plans and executing the required testing.
• Experience with standards compliance testing (hardware and/or software)
• Familiar with EMC Standards (IEC EN 61000 family or equiv) and medical standards (IEC 60601 or equiv)
• Strong communication and documentation skills
Additional preferred skills:
• Familiar with the STM32 family of microcontrollers
• Breadth of IO module experience including WiFi, Bluetooth, cellular modem
• Experience with Analog Circuit design for low power devices
• Experience with passive filter design and ESD protection
• Experience with ECG signals
• Familiarity with product regulatory document preparation
• Lateral thinking
• Independent worker
Please submit your resume with cover letter demonstrating your interests and qualifications to Attn CEO, Enable Imaging Technologies – firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those selected for interview will be contacted. We will begin reviewing applications immediately, and continue to accept applications until the position is filled.